[Seaside] Some questions about Seaside architecture

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 13:37:51 CET 2005

On 12/13/05, Oleg Mürk <oleg.myrk at gmail.com> wrote:
>  * Continuations are syntactical sugar for the end-programmer (using
> framework).

Yup. In exactly the same way that Smalltalk is syntactical sugar for
the end-programmer (it could easily be implemented in Assembler, eh?)

>  * Do You think it is possible to enforce proper back-button support rules
>     in say 10-developers 2-years project?

No. But that's mostly a management issue. You cannot enforce anything
in a 20 man year project. Not if you don't want to turn it into a 40
man year project. You can try to motivate developers into wanted
behaviour at best :)

>  * How easy it is to make mistakes and how easy it is to debug & find them?

Did you actually try?

>  * Wouldn't mistakes with back-button support be dangerous for application
> security?

Do you have a specific example?

>  * My personal opinion is that on a larger project it makes sense to forbid
>     using back-button, because it is infeasible to ensure that everyone uses
>     this functionality correctly, and potentially this creates security
> holes.

Fine. But as long as you do not give examples, all I can do is note
your opinion. Of course, I have another opinion :-)