[Seaside] Graphing in Javascript

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 17:24:41 CET 2005

> Last time I checked Pier looked crap on IE. Some Magritte components
> only work on Safari. For the longest time SqueakSource displayed the
> activity icon only on Safari. We have an application that's broken on
> Opera because of JavaScript, the list goes on.

You are free to provide a cross browser CSS for Pier.

> The point is it easily increases the visual fidelity for most on-IE
> users and you can still have a fallback with PieChartMorph/PlotMorph.

In that case I stick with the morphs of course, I don't want to
implement and basically the same thing twice. If a polymorphic
interface is provided, that would be of course better, but then I
don't see a reason anymore why the canvas-stuff should be better ...

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch