[Seaside] Send page as Email attachement ?

Dmitry Dorofeev dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com
Fri Dec 16 19:20:18 CET 2005

Alain Fischer wrote:
> See this entry in the list:
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2005-June/005289.html
>
> Alain

Tried that one and it does not work for me.
Basically I need to send order confirmation to the user during last checkout stage.
The problem is that the code fails to create new WAComponent, generates signal and
that is transported to the user screen ! But for my task the following code seems ok:

>> renderOffline
	|document|
	document := WAHtmlStreamDocument new.
 	self renderCCInfoOn: (WAHtmlBuilder on: document).
 	^ document stream contents.

Note that i don't need callbacks, calls and other nice things, just
HTML rendering. So it is still a question how to render any WAComponent
in background (and save it to a file) while we are in Seaside session ?
But that sounds more 'academic' than 'practical' for me now :-)

Thanks.

-Dmitry.