[Seaside] Send page as Email attachement ?

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Thu Dec 22 02:58:40 CET 2005

Hi Wilkes,

Just FYI:  Seaside used to do this (in fact, is there really no option
for that anymore?) but I never used it because it was surprisingly hard
to determine where to tab and newline without affecting the display
results.  We generally had the heuristic of starting a new line and
indenting any time there was a child tag, and if there were no child
tags to put the content and the start and end tags on the same line.
But even this wasn't sufficient because, for example, the result of
having to text inputs with a newline between them and two text inputs
without a new line between them is actually different: in one case
they'll be separated by a space and in the other they will be touching.
  It proved very difficult to come up with a well-defined pretty-printed
output that everyone was happy with.  That, more than anything, is why
Avi and I started using the unformatted output and if the option to
toggle between the two has disappeared, it's only because we just
weren't using it anymore.  Well, that and the fact that it was nicer
looking at our pretty-print than at "view source" anyway.

If you or someone can actually come up with something that works well
and doesn't alter the output results from what the coder intends then I
would certainly use it.

Julian