[Seaside] OmniBase

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 14:08:17 CET 2005

2005/12/26, Yar Hwee Boon <hboon at motionobj.com>:
> I'm intending to use OmniBase (or at least look at it seriously) for a
> project that will need to be load balanced across more than 1 server.
> I'm developing on Mac OS X, intending to deploy on a Linux. Does anyone
> have any write up available or experience, gotchas to share, etc, etc?
> First thing which comes to mind is, does OmniBse still only support
> non-local access using file sharing? Thanks!

Forget it, accessing the same OmniBase database (filesystem) from
multiple images does not work relyably on *nix and Squeak. Mostly
because Squeak file IO is ****ed (example
http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=2149) and filelocking doesn't work.
Maybe it works on Windows (only the Windows verison is officially
supported).
Yes, we tried it and we failded.