[Seaside] newbie question..

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Mon Dec 26 21:51:00 CET 2005

Rick F. wrote:

>* Wilkes Joiner <wilkesjoiner at gmail.com> [2005-12-25 10:59:52 -0600]:
>

>>I have a tutorial that should get you build classes pretty quickly:
>>
>>http://wilkesjoiner.com/SqueakIntro.html
>>

>Wilkes,
>
>One question for you (and anyone else that wants to chime in).. On the
>Creating Classes page, I must be missing something.. For the life of me
>I can figure out how to create class methods in the browser.. I've created the
>category "Sample-Pets" which seems to have created a default sort of
>instance then created the Pet class in that category.. I then
>get to step #3 on that page where you create the getters and setter methods
>for the class and am lost on how to achieve that goal..  Do I do it in the
>method category pane and if so what context menu option do I use -- there
>was only "add category" (existing method categories are "-- all --" and
>"no messages")...?
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated!

Rick,

Go ahead an choose "add category" from the context menu.  Name it
"accessing" and accept the name (it's a standard name for getters and
setters).  Then, select that category if it isn't already selected.
Now, type the method source code (just one method at a time) into the
large bottom pane (the code pane) of the browser.

David