[Seaside] OmniBase

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 12:46:10 CET 2005

On 12/29/05, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
> The entire file system needs a  full rewrite from bottom to top.

Yup. Maybe a nice goal for 2006. Could we maybe start with a sort of
platform matrix inventorying how all the various filesystems we need
to support work? This should make it easy to glance some common
denominator.

Or, suggestion from Goran yesterday on IRC, try to look for an
existing cross-platform file I/O library, steal good ideas from there.

(and I really need to take a peek at Flow again...)

> Anyone suggesting the 'you only need to implement the posix calls and
> make it all work that way' will discover the power of telekinesis as
> I use my Mighty Mental Powers to have them deliver a resounding
> dopeslap to themselves.

Well... implementing Posix-y primitive would probably provide a better
(but not sufficient) starting point. Especially methods like
pread()/pwrite() that Solaris offers could help.