[Seaside] RDB access (was: Rolling with Ruby on Rails vs. Seaside)

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Wed Feb 2 17:19:21 CET 2005

Todd Blanchard wrote:
> I'm curious how did ruby get such good db coverage?  Is it just using odbc?

There are native drivers (written in C) for: Oracle, DB2, Postgres,
Frontbase, mysql, msql, ODBC, Interbase, SQLite, SQLRelay (and sybase,
but I guess it's broken.

It's really not that hard to write such an interface. I wrote the DB2
CLI interface for example, which was quite easy. If someone pays me, I'd
be willing to port it over to Smalltalk ;-)

Regards,

   Michael