[Seaside] [VW] Lost halo icons and missing styles

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Wed Feb 2 21:56:53 CET 2005

Avi Bryant wrote:

> One thing I've noticed on my machine which totally perplexes me is
> this: using Seaside 2.5 and Safari, if I use "localhost" as the
> address, I often get randomly failed connections.  This doesn't happen
> using Seaside 2.3, or using Firefox or any other browser, or using
> 127.0.0.1 as the address.  I'm not sure if it happens with Swazoo or
> not, I usually use Kom.
>
> Anyone have any ideas what might be going on?

I did a little investigation when I ran into this, a long time ago now.
I decided that it has to do with the connection queue on the listening
socket. I don't quite remember why I concluded that, but I think it had
to do with the fact that the request for a page rarely failed, usually
it was "child" requests for things like css or images.

Another interesting data point is that it doesn't seem to happen when
the server image is running on my FreeBSD production machine. I browse
that site with Safari all the time and it works just fine.

Colin