[Seaside] Live update (XMLHttpRequest) to update 3 dependent lists (<select>)

Yar Hwee Boon hboon at motionobj.com
Tue Feb 8 12:06:51 CET 2005

I'm having 3 list that represents a hierarchy of data for user
selection, eg. country, state, street name. When the user changes the
country, the state list and street name list should refresh
accordingly, and when the state is changed, the street name list should
refresh accordingly. The structure is:

<select country/>
         <select state/>
         <select streetName/>

If I change the state immediately. The road name list refreshes
properly. But if I change the country followed by the state, the street
name list does not change. The reason is that after the state list is
refreshed, the onchange handler is not set, ie. the <script> contents
is not run. Has anyone done something this, or have any idea how to
solve this? thanks.
--
HweeBoon
MotionObj