[Seaside] How to add an image to a style? How handle label strings?

Martin J.Laubach mjl at laubach.at
Fri Feb 18 01:05:35 CET 2005

   Okay, I have sorted out most of my problems, this really is going
to be the coolest web app I've ever done. I just have to sort out a
couple of open points, like:

   How can I add an URL to a style? In principle, I'd want to do
something
like

   MyComponent>>style
     ^'body { background-image: url("' , (html imageWithForm: someImage)
, '") }'

   but of course I can't do that since I don't have a renderer
in #style. I can think of several ways to kludge around that, but
I reckon there's a clean solution for that?

   And what is the collected wisdom of handling labels? I think I'd
like to have most label strings outside the image (or at least
collected in some place) -- I'm not sure I want anyone touching
the image for trivialities like different wording. I'm really
uneasy telling someone "Yeah, sure you can have it read 'Abort'
instead of 'Cancel', just go to WALoginDialog's #renderContentOn:
and change it there. Oh, and it's also in FooDialog and in
BarDialog and again in BarfComponent. Surely, there must be
something better than that?

	mjl