[Seaside] Paths to pictures in CSS

Marco Paga marco.paga at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 19:32:57 CET 2005

Hi.
When you perfrom the following you will see your seaside directory as
the document root. I wouldn't use this in production but for testing
it should be ok.
Taken shameless from a previous post:

>From the Kom description on SqueakMap

| ma seaside |
seaside := WAKom default.
ma := ModuleAssembly core.
ma serverRoot: FileDirectory default fullName.
ma alias: '/seaside' to: [ma addPlug: [:request | seaside process:
request]].
ma documentRoot: FileDirectory default fullName.
ma directoryIndex: 'index.html index.htm'.
ma serveFiles.
(HttpService startOn: 8080 named: 'httpd') plug: ma rootModule

This lets you serve files from your image dir (FileDirectory default).
You could obviously change that to serve from anywhere.  If you're going
Squeak-only you definitely want to study the various Kom modules and
ModuleAssembly.  Especially KomLogger and the various *log* methods in
ModuleAssembly so you can get some basic logging.

Hope this helps...

David

Am Sonntag 20 Februar 2005 15:32 schrieb mimik at centrum.cz:
> Hi, i am newbie with Seaside. I am trying to display a background image on
> a web page, which is declared in CSS file like that:
>
>     body { background: url('back.png'); }
>
> but I don't know where do I have to put the back.png file, in which
> directory. I am testing in on my localhost, so the URL path is
> http://localhost:9090/seaside/test. I think I must tell Seaside that this
> URL responds to some directory on my disk, some sort of Web root like in
> Apache, but I can't find it. Can you help me?

The future is a process, not a destination.
The future is not a noun, it's a verb.

-- Bruce Sterling