[Seaside] Accessing the root component from a child one

Esteban A. Maringolo eMaringolo at smalltalking.net
Mon Feb 28 14:39:38 CET 2005

Hi,

	It is possible to make a call from a child component to a parent
component. I mean, from one child (a kind of pane), make the top
(the main page) component call another component.

	Example:

WARootComp
  \-- Child 1
  \-- Child 2

	I want that when some action is performed at Child 2, it  make
WARootComp call to other Component. I could have a link (i.e.
instVar) from child to parent, but i want to know if there is a more
seaside way of doing this, something like topComponent, root
component, or alike. Ala topShell in standard views.

	Thanks in advance.

--
Esteban.