[Seaside] Showing Seaside .... but must show Smalltalk at the same time

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Thu Jan 6 19:30:02 CET 2005

German Arduino wrote:
> Hi Folks:
>
> I've an opportunity to show Seaside and development of web applications
> with it. If the audience get convinced then a new opportunity for jobs
> with Squeak and Seaside.
>
> But the involved people don't know nothing about Smalltalk, then I must
> also show Smalltalk.

I think it depends on the purpose of the presentation. If you're
presenting to people who will potentially be writing Seaside apps,
you'll need to at least give a quick overview of Smalltalk, so that
they'll be able to imagine writing code in it. OTOH, if you're
presenting to people who will be using apps that YOU write, then you
don't really need to mention Smalltalk at all. It's just the language
Seaside is written in. You'll need to make sure to explain any code
snippets you present, but keep the focus on Seaside.

Is that helpful?

Colin