[Seaside] call for testimonials

Bob Houston bobh at agents.com
Fri Jan 7 17:02:50 CET 2005

Testimonials are a great idea, and will help convince more people to
try Seaside (especially if the testimonial included a link to a Seaside
app).   It would be great if more people were successfully deploying
Seaside apps (include in-house developers at corporations).

I'm fairly new to Seaside, and really like it so far (I've also not
used continuations before; great stuff).  As more newbies start using
Seaside, I'm sure they will have many of the same questions I have.
Specially, questions regarding licensing and support.

Could someone point me to a description of the Seaside license?  Can I
use it to build commercial apps if I wish? If I happen to make some
money, are there any royalty or fees?

Regarding support, if a newbie runs into a problem while building an
app, they might be tempted to stop using Seaside and switch to
something else (.net perhaps) if they are unable to resolve their
problem quickly enough.  The Seaside list is very responsive right now,
but if there were a significant increase in new Seaside users, all
asking basic questions, the signal to noise ratio on the list would
drop.   Also, how many people are doing Seaside consulting (for a fee)?
  I believe for the typical corporate developer, building a intranet
based app, they will need the option of "paying for help" if they are
unable to get their app to work.  Comments?

Thanks,
Bob