[Seaside] implementation request: FTPServer

Colin Curtin alpineguy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 11:24:40 CET 2005

Since I've started working on HTTPClient again - someone actually uses
it, which is quite a weird feeling - I'm getting back into the swing
of protocol type things. FTP sounds like a good project before I
tackle HTTPS/SSL/etc for Squeak. It also sounds like a good
first-server project, since everything I've been doing so far is on
the client side. As a side effect, I'll probably beef Squeak's FTP
library up in the process.

Speaking of which, I'll soon be releasing the next version of
HTTPClient in case you wanted to take a look for Monticello purposes:
http://lithp.org/mc/HTTPClient/HTTPClient-cc.28.mcz

One day I may do as you suggested so long ago: refactor into something
that both server and client can use.

I'll work on FTP this weekend. If something/nothing happens, I'll let
you guys know :)

Thanks,
Colin