[Seaside] SeasideTesting for VW is ready

Bany, Michel mbany at cincom.com
Fri Jan 21 20:36:03 CET 2005

Hello all,

I just completed the port of David's SeasideTesting RC1.1-5 to VisualWorks.
The port is available on the public Store repository as the bundle named

	SeasideTestingBundle

I believe the port supports all the features, including the icon in the halo
and the viewing of the history. There are still a few issues related to Seaside
sessions being expired too early. However, the port is able to recognize the
expired sessions page and transparently process it.

During testing, HTTP requests are submitted through HTTP, therefore they
come through the WebToolkit (i.e. testing Seaside also tests WebToolkit).
I believe that this should also work with Swazoo, but I did not make any
test yet. At the moment the target for the HTTP requests is hard-coded
and is for localhost on port 8008. This will need some rework.

Feedback is welcome.

Enjoy,
Michel.