[Seaside] How would you re-write this code to hide/show content

Mike me at mikehogan.net
Sat Jan 22 13:06:06 CET 2005

Wow, thats pretty clever!  It took me some time to understand all
the moving parts.

One thing: Initially I did not add renderDiv2On and renderDiv3On
methods, so I was not getting updates.  I modified
WAStandardScripts to print out the contents of
request.responseText, and I could then see that its a
doesNotUnderstand debug page.  Makes sense.  So liveUpdate is
swallowing debug pages.  Do you think this is correct?  Would it
not be better if liveUpdate alerted the user if an exception page
comes back, or just, more generally, if the regexp did not
succeed?

Thanks very much,
Mike