[Seaside] Rolling with Ruby on Rails vs. Seaside

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 21:40:26 CET 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:30:42 -0300, Pablo Iaria <iariap at tutopia.com> wrote:
> If you only need those basic features of an O-R mapper I think you should
> see Tantalus (written by Colin Putney).
>
> I've tested with oracle databases using ODBCSqueak and it worked just fine.

That's fascinating; when we wrote Tantalus, we were solely targetting
an old version of MySQL (so, for example, it rolls its own
transactions rather than depending on the database to have them).  Did
you have to modify it at all to get it to work with Oracle or did it
really just work?

Anyway, it's neat that somebody's getting use out of that project; I
think it turned both Colin and I off of O/R mapping for good :).

Avi