[Seaside] dynamic selection - liveCallback question

Michel Bany m.bany at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jul 2 16:15:30 CEST 2005

>> Did anybody try to update more than one element ?
>

> I don't think it will work without tweaking the javascript a little,
> unless John Pierce have folded in his LiveWeb related code somewhere?

I  did the tweaking of the javascript, and it seems to work just fine.
The result is interesting when you see many different areas of a page
being updated with just
a single key stroke. It also solves the problem where too much html is
replaced with the
current version of the javascript.

The tweaking was not small since it needs an XML parser to properly
extract all the pieces
individually in all possible situations.
I selected the XML parser from David A. Lindquist that I found at
http://www.gazingus.org/html/XML_Parser_in_JavaScript.html
with a couple of slight changes.

It is stated to be distributed under the terms of the GNU Lesser General
Public License.
Question : is it ok to include this as part of Seaside ?

Michel.