[Seaside] newbie design question

Jamie Ashford jamie.ashford at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 13:47:37 CEST 2005

Hi there,

I've just started using Seaside (and Smalltalk) and was wondering if
someone might be able to help with a page/component design question.

I have a page which currently consists of three components, laid out
side by side. All of these should be visible at all times.

The first component is a list. Selecting from this list determines the
display in the second component, which will consist of a number of
input boxes. The details completed in the second component then affect
the contents of the third component.

My initial, naive assumption, was to create a WATask subclass, which
would call each component in turn, receiving and passing responses.
However this results in only one component being displayed on the
screen at a time.

I can redesign the page so that it consists of a single component and
this would solve my difficulty but I was wondering if there was
another approach that might be more consistent with the Seaside design
phillosphy....?

Many thanks,

Jamie.