[Seaside] dynamic selection - liveCallback question

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 20:20:13 CEST 2005

On 7/4/05, Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 4, 2005, at 4:39 PM, Michel Bany wrote:
>
> > Jason Rogers a écrit :
> >

> >> Actually, you only get a DOM if the response was sent back with a
> >> content-type header of "text/xml" or "application/xml" (the flat XML
> >> will be in the responseText as well).  Otherwise, you will only get a
> >> responseText.
> >>

> > Ah ! that's why responseXML was null.
> > And now ? should we use a separate parser or should we change
> > Seaside to set content-type ?
>
> Definitely the latter, I think - only for the liveUpdate requests, of
> course.

Agreed, liveUpdate requests need to set the content-type.

This brings up another point.  How easy is it for an application to
set the content-type for itself?  For instance, if I want to generate
a PDF doc through my app and serve it up I need to be able to set the
content-type to application/pdf.

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20