[Seaside] Re: [ShoreComponents] WebTree, SVG demo and dynamic files

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Mon Jul 11 23:22:10 CEST 2005

Adrian wrote:
>I don't know if this is already planned, Jan, Pavel? Else I can setup
>a demo image and will try to regularly update that when new versions

Why should you try to update when Smalltalk is able to do the update
job for you. Just use the scheduler implementation from

You could easily write a script checking for new versions and loading
them if necessary.

BTW: I tried to improve the code quality of ShoreComponents a little
bit. Added a few comments here, added categories there, reorganized stuff,
fixed typos, ...

It's now also possible to register own demo components without changing
the rendering of the demo menu (there is a class side demo registry
called demoMapping in the demo menu class) and a method for registration

Just register you demo component in a class side #initialize (which is
automatically after loading). This may also help in porting ShoreComponents
to other dialects (like VisualWorks). Some demos may not work on other
ST platforms - so the component or the package loading mechanism can
decide if the demo is loaded/included.

See ShoreComponents-tbn.27.mcz on SqueakSource or directly download
it using SqueakMap and the SM Package loader in your image.