[Seaside] Re: [ShoreComponents] WebTree, SVG demo and dynamic files

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Mon Jul 11 23:22:10 CEST 2005

Adrian wrote:
>I don't know if this is already planned, Jan, Pavel? Else I can setup
>a demo image and will try to regularly update that when new versions
>exist.

Why should you try to update when Smalltalk is able to do the update
job for you. Just use the scheduler implementation from
http://squeak.saltypickle.com/Scheduler/

You could easily write a script checking for new versions and loading
them if necessary.

BTW: I tried to improve the code quality of ShoreComponents a little
bit. Added a few comments here, added categories there, reorganized stuff,
fixed typos, ...

It's now also possible to register own demo components without changing
the rendering of the demo menu (there is a class side demo registry
called demoMapping in the demo menu class) and a method for registration

Just register you demo component in a class side #initialize (which is
called
automatically after loading). This may also help in porting ShoreComponents
to other dialects (like VisualWorks). Some demos may not work on other
ST platforms - so the component or the package loading mechanism can
decide if the demo is loaded/included.

See ShoreComponents-tbn.27.mcz on SqueakSource or directly download
it using SqueakMap and the SM Package loader in your image.

Bye
Torsten