[Seaside] Re: [ShoreComponents] WebTree, SVG demo and dynamic files

Jan B. Krejčí janbkrejci at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 14:31:13 CEST 2005

> From: radoslav hodnicak <rh at 4096.sk>

> > 3) a decorator allowing to preserve page scrolling coordinates between
> > submits, so if you have scrolled 5 feet down to find the button you
> > want to click, you will see the same page location after the response
> > is loaded from server. I saw this in .NET and I like it very much.
>
> Do you know how is it implemented in .not? Page anchors won't scroll
> vertically (at least not in IE). I'd like to have this one too so I'm
> willing to implement it.

sure. please have a look into enclosed HTML file. It's done this way:

1) reister onScroll handler to <body>
2) in the handler store the coordinates into hidden form fields
3) make sure they are submitted with each clickable component you need
4) put a script at the end of the page causing the scroll position is restored
after the page is loaded (or use <body onLoad="...">

that's all

> I will try to pick some interesting pieces from my app and add it to the
> collection but really, can we pick a better name than ShoreComponents? It
> hurts my fingers. Something shorter, like Seadgets or whatever...

uh, well, I do not really insist on "ShoreComponents" name, but please
consider what impact would that have. How about creating some voting
component, expose it in the demo and count other's opinions? :)

--
.:jbk:.
Jan B. Krejci