[Seaside] cannot open Monticello repository/browse any URLs behind firewall with proxy authentication

Thomas Koschate koschate at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 20:25:45 CEST 2005

SPINIELLI Enrico wrote:

>Hi all,
>it seems I cannot open a monticello repository
>behind a firewall with proxy authentication
>
>I did set my HTTPSocket up as follows:
>HTTPSocket
>	useProxyServerNamed: 'nnn.xxx.yyy.zzz'
>	port: 9500
>	proxyUser: 'asdfg'
>	password: 'abcde'

You may want to verify with your firewall administrator that they are not blocking the ports you are trying to reach.  I recently worked in a shop where just about all ports other than 80 were blocked by default, and the only way to get out on other ports was to use a suitable proxy client.
-=-=-
... It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.