[Seaside] ShoreComponents test cases -- worth doing?

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 16:48:49 CEST 2005

On Jul 19, 2005, at 3:09 PM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:

> IIt's really mainly "self check". Every component except real root should have a parent.

I've been meaning to ask; what benefits does ShoreComponents get from
this?  Are they worth always having to specify a parent?  Do we care
about cases where the parent of a component might change? (For
example, when you turn on the Profiler tool right now, it wraps itself
around the previous root as its parent).

Just curious, since  I agree that a parent pointer can be useful but
I've so far shied away from requiring it.

Avi