[Seaside] About federating the tutorials

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Wed Jul 20 18:26:53 CEST 2005

stephane ducasse wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I would like to know what do you think about the idea to use the
> Seaside Wiki to put together
> the tutorials that have been developed independently so far.
> Because now we have several website around and this is not an
> homogenous media. If we play it well,
> we could slowly build enough to get in the future a book or booklet
> on seaside.
>
> Stef

I think that the variety of tutorials out there is a positive thing.
While I see some advantages to uniting separate efforts, I don't see a
need for taking existing materials and trying to build a "master
tutorial" out of them.   I'm trying to build a tutorial
(http://www.shaffer-consulting.com/david/Seaside) and I would be happy
to place it on a Wiki to get contributions from others but I've got a
vision for it that I'd like to see through (at my excrutiatingly slow
pace, sorry).  I wouldn't want it to become a conglomeration of existing
tutorials.  I'd prefer it if people going through my tutorial had as
many different sources (at varying levels) of information on each topic
as possible.  In fact, I count on it.  Anyway, my work is quite likely
not be the best starting place (Alexandre Bergel's slides have better
examples and are in general more attractive).  So, in your proposal
where our materials overlap are mine abandoned?  Has anyone else piped
up?  Maybe privately?

David