[Seaside] Accessing configuration values from the configuration

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Thu Jul 21 20:38:29 CEST 2005

William E Harford wrote:
> If there any way to access a site's user inputted configuration values
> from a subclass of WASystemConfiguration ?
>
> What I am trying to do is present the site administrator with a series
> of questions in the config biased on  answers that were given in the
> config.
>
> For example
>
> In this application there might be 3 components. The administrator would
> put the number 3 for a config value than save the config.
>
> The config might than ask for the 3 component classes and there names.
>
> I have only been able to retrieve the default values for a
> SystemConfiguration using.
>
> self localConfiguration valueAt: #numberOfContainers.
>

> I have to admit even though I have read a couple notes on seasides
> config component I still don't fully understand how it works.

Hmm... I would definitely expect that code to return the user's value if
there is one, otherwise it would return the default.  I just tried it
quickly in a 2.5a image I had lying around and it certainly seemed to
work as expected.  Am I understanding you correctly that you're always
getting back the default value even if the user has put in a value?
Perhaps you could provide a bit more of the code for context...

Julian

--
   Julian Fitzell  --  Beta4 Productions
julian at beta4.com  --  http://www.beta4.com