[Seaside] Accessing configuration values from the configuration

William E Harford seaside at harford.org
Fri Jul 22 18:48:24 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 21:27 -0700, Julian Fitzell wrote:

> David Shaffer wrote:
>
> Adding a method is indeed perfectly acceptable in many cases in
> Smalltalk, William.  Particularly if you are using Monticello (or more
> specifically PackageInfo I suppose, but whatever) as you can include the
> method within your package even though it's on another class.  In many
> cases, adding a method is the cleanest and simplest design decision.
> Not that I'm saying you should necessarily do so in this case, but your
> code snippet seemed a bit C-like, so I though perhaps you were new to
> Smalltalk (forgive me if I'm wrong :) ).

I will have to look at it again and rethink my approach.

Unfortunately I have a couple projects that will need to get done next
week and I am moving to Toronto the week after that (can we say
stress!!).

I crap I have been outed! You say the above like there is something
wrong with C :-)

I am new to Smalltalk. My backgound has mostly been in C,PHP,Perl,Java,
and other {}(); languages. I have never particularly cared for the OOP
implementations in most languages. I started development of my own
prototype based OOP language and created a functioning runtime but I
lost interest after discovering that smalltalk is %90 ideal.

So please forgive me if I go to a lot of effort in my code that is
incredibly simple to do in the "Smalltalk way". It's just the way I am
accustomed to doing it. :-)

--
William Harford <will at harford.org>