[Seaside] Accessing configuration values from the configuration

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 01:32:10 CEST 2005

On 7/23/05, Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com> wrote:

> Generally you access configuration values through the application.
> So, from a component, you could do
>
> self session application preferenceAt: #numberOfContainers

Sorry, Julian pointed out offlist that I had misunderstood the question.

I think that, as David suggests, the best way is probably with a
custom preference type.  But it's an interesting question - basically
the "self problem" that always crops up with delegation.  If and when
we do another iteration of the config stuff, I'll definitely keep that
in mind.

Avi