[Seaside] Importing halo's from Monticello

Michel Bany m.bany at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jun 8 07:29:37 CEST 2005

Avi Bryant a écrit :

>>A better version made it too late for integration to 7.3.1.
>>This version allows you to create Seaside CSS libraries (i.e. subclasses
>>of WAStyleLibrary)
>>that embark picture files (gif, jpeg and png)
>>Can be downloaded here : ftp://mbany.ath.cx/SeasideWebDesignerToolPatch.zip
>>
>>For those interested, I set up a demo at
>>http://mbany.ath.cx/seaside/go/WebDesignerTool
>>The first page is a small user's guide.
>>

>That's pretty cool.  Is there much in it that's specific to VW, or
>could it be ported pretty easily to Squeak?

Thanks.
It does indeed uses facilities that are specific to VW, most noticeably
- method annotations (pragmas) for the metadata
- packed byte arrays
plus internationalization, namespaces, etc.
Also : it uses the WAImage class from Dmitry Dorofeev.
Porting it to Squeak would need a bit of redesign, I guess.
Enjoy,
Michel.