[Seaside] Garbage Collection

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Wed Jun 8 17:28:29 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've created 4 instances of WAStore in different windows and some with
the new session button.

Every minute I do a

	WAStore allInstances size

and it answers 4, as expected.

What I didn't expect was for all of these instance to still be there
after 15 minutes, I had expected for them to be garbage collected after
more than 600 seconds had passed.

How come they didn't clear out of memory?

I ran this test with store because I have 36 constantly persistent
instances of another TopFrame component that I wrote myself and presumed
I had made some mistake that would keep all those instances persistent.

But since even the sample WAStore instances stay persistent indefinitely
I guess the problem lies elsewhere.

Günther

I'm using Seaside on VWNC 7.3