[Seaside] Re: Garbage Collection

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Wed Jun 8 22:03:06 CEST 2005

>>David,
>>
>>the sessions must have expired by now, so I did what you said and
>>created a new session with the "new session" link, which should have
>>expired the old sessions.
>>
>>Then I waited about 10 min, presuming the GC had collected the expired
>>sessions, and checked again:

Let me also add that VW will let you follow references to the objects.
Open an inspector on "WAStore allInstances".  Select one of the
instances.  Then select "inspect owners" from the Object menu.  You
might have to follow the ownership chain back a ways to figure out who
is holding the reference.  This might lend some insight.  Just to be
sure I confirmed that this problem does not exist in the Squeak version
of Seaside that I'm running (2.5b8-avi).

David