[Seaside] Garbage Collection

Anthony Lander anthony.lander at sympatico.ca
Wed Jun 8 23:44:54 CEST 2005

Hi Gunther,

I've also noticed anecdotally that session expiry doesn't seem to work on
VW. Additionally the method Object>>allSubInstances seems incorrect in VW,
which prevents

        WARegistry clearAllHandlers

from doing it's job. In the meantime, try instead:

        WARegistry withAllSubclasses do: [:c | c clearAllHandlers]

followed by a full garbage collect to see that it gets rid of all the
WAStore instances.

I'm not sure who manages the VW port, but if that person emails me, I will
happily send along unit tests and bug fixes. (anthony dot lander at
sympatico dot ca).

All the best,

  -anthony

On Wednesday 08 June 2005 11:28, Günther Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've created 4 instances of WAStore in different windows and some with
> the new session button.
>
> Every minute I do a
>
> 	WAStore allInstances size
>
> and it answers 4, as expected.
>
> What I didn't expect was for all of these instance to still be there
> after 15 minutes, I had expected for them to be garbage collected after
> more than 600 seconds had passed.
>
> How come they didn't clear out of memory?
>
> I ran this test with store because I have 36 constantly persistent
> instances of another TopFrame component that I wrote myself and presumed
> I had made some mistake that would keep all those instances persistent.
>
> But since even the sample WAStore instances stay persistent indefinitely
> I guess the problem lies elsewhere.
>
> Günther
>
> I'm using Seaside on VWNC 7.3

PGP key at http://anthony.etherealplanet.org
3FF8 6319 CADA 2D21 03BB 175F 3382 822A 502F AE80