[Seaside] Garbage Collection
sangria at gmx.net
Thu Jun 9 00:04:13 CEST 2005
maybe this helps. As I understand in in seaside (for VW) the
method WARegistry>>shouldCollectHandlers decides when to
release expired components. At the moment the method looks
^ 10 atRandom = 1
So for releasing the expired instances you need to reload
a webpage about 10 times.
For speeding up things a littel I changed the method like this:
Now the application will expire old sessions on every reload.
To make it short. I couldn't reproduce your problem.
I took the following steps:
1) Changed the session expiry time for WAStore to 5 seconds.
2) Went to http://localhost:8008/seaside/go/store and clicked "New sesssion" ten times.
3) Waited one minute and went to http://localhost:8008/seaside/go/store
4) "Smalltalk garbageCollect"
5) "WAStore allInstances inspect" returns one object
I hope I didn't miss a crucial point of your question.
Günther Schmidt schrieb:
> thanks, I did all that, no change.
> I'm using VWNC 7.3.1
> The number of instances of WAStore remains 4, period.
> Has anybody tried so far to duplicate the problem?
> Using vanilla VWNC ?
> Seaside mailing list
> Seaside at lists.squeakfoundation.org
More information about the Seaside