[Seaside] Emission of static web pages?

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 15:13:30 CEST 2005

On 6/7/05, Greg Lewin <greg.lewin at zen.co.uk> wrote:

> While Seaside is clearly great for dynamic pages, and as a development
> environment, I've been wondering how easy it is to emit a static set of
> completely self-sufficient, stand-alone web pages which can be
> propagated to another web server. If it is easy, this would make it even
> more useful to more people - e.g.  those who don't want to use Squeak as
> a web server ( i.e. commercial hosts).

Hi Greg,

Seaside is focused entirely on dynamic pages.  A very small part of it
(like the WAHtmlBuilder) might be reusable for a system that generated
static pages, but in general that's a completely different use case
than Seaside was designed for, and would require a different
framework.  I've occasionally thought about starting to write
something like that, but haven't yet done anything much in that
direction.

Avi