[Seaside] Great Quote

Bill Holloway bill.holloway at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 09:58:10 CEST 2005

I was showing a friend of mine HTML and Seaside a few days ago. She had
never seen HTML or any kind of programming before. I showed her first how to
do raw HTML with a simple text editor. I made a simple page with a heading
and an unordered list. This is a smart woman and she caught onto the syntax
right away but thought it was a bit clumsy, especially having to put
</whatever> at the end of a tag.

Then I switched over to Squeak and wrote the same page in Seaside. As soon
as I typed

html heading: 'Hello, Tanya'

she exclaimed "Oh! Here you just *say* it!" My thoughts on smalltalk/Seaside
exactly! At least once during the remainder of the day, she was heard to say
"I'm liking this Smalltalk thing."

Bill Holloway