[Seaside] Template support in Seaside 2.5

Adnan Zaman adnanzaman at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 15:42:31 CEST 2005

Hi Alain,

Thanks for the information.

I just installed it in 2.5 and tried to play with it
but ran into few issues:

- During the installation of the package, I got a
dependency warning about package RBAbstract Class but
I still proceeded. I then tried to locate this
dependent package but was unable to find it.

- I then created a subclass of SSTComponent with an
instance method of templateString in it:
templateString
^'<H1>Hello World</H1>'

But if I run it via WAKom, I get the following error
log (only first few lines.....):

String(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #string
self 'renderTemplateOn: html html text:
''<H1>Hello</H1>''.'
temps
aMessage string

Parser>>removeUnusedTemps
self a Parser
temps
str nil
end nil
start nil
madeChanges false
temp nil
inst vars
source a ReadStream 'renderTemplateOn: html html text:
''<H1>Hello</H1>''.'
mark 51
hereChar $

aheadChar $

token #

tokenType #doIt
currentComment nil
buffer a WriteStream '<H1>Hello</H1>'
typeTable #(#xBinary #xBinary #xBinary #xBinary
#xBinary #xBinary #xBinary #xBinary #xDelimiter
#xDelimiter #x...etc...
here #

hereType #doIt
hereMark 51
hereEnd 52
prevMark 51
prevEnd 52
encoder {an Encoder}
requestor a SSTTemplate
parseNode {[html text: '<H1>Hello</H1>']}
failBlock [] in Compiler>>translate:noPattern:ifFail:
{[^ failBlock value]}
requestorOffset 0
tempsMark 25
doitFlag false

Could you tell me what am I doing wrong here and how
can I correct it?

Thanks,
Adnan