[Seaside] Comment Tag in Head Tag

Jan Angermair sentorsa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 17:09:58 CEST 2005

I having a bit of trouble trying to write a semi valid html tag into
the head tag of the document. The reason for this is to introduce a
'Conditional comment' to deal with an IE bug. For reference see
http://www.quirksmode.org/css/condcom.html

The exact html that I'd need in the header looks like:

<!--[if lt IE 7]>
.someClass {}
<!--[if lt IE 7]><![endif]-->

As you can see the open and end tag do not behave like standard html.
Is there a method to write just a string anywhere into the document? I
have been playing with updateRoot and addHeadElement but no luck so
far.

Thank you, Jan