[Seaside] slowdown in squeak3.8

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Fri Jun 24 17:37:50 CEST 2005

I'm porting my app to squeak3.8. I knew I should expect some slowdown
because of the new i17n functionality. I've managed to beat most of the
encodings stuff into submission and I don't have to convert
requests/responses back and forth anymore.

Still, the same page needs 1.6x as much time to be generated compared to
squeak3.6.

Overall, the time to generate my pages (from cached data, on a 2.8G P4)
started to go over 500ms towards 1s ... which is not impressive.

If there is any list of priorities I can vote on, I vote for making
seaside use the hardware better.

rado