[Seaside] liveAction using existing method

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 11:56:49 CEST 2005

On 6/30/05, William E Harford <seaside at harford.org> wrote:

> There could be a potential bug in the above. I am not sure Seaside would
> allow it or even if it's valid html but if "<script" appears in an
> attribute value the above would fail. I am not sure that < is allowed in
> attribute values but I do know that it works as expected.

Seaside escapes attribute values, so this shouldn't be a problem.

> If no one objects (hehe) I would like to see this or something like it
> added to future releases of Seaside.

There are many extensions to the "ajax" stuff that need integrating -
off the top of my head, John's LiveWeb stuff (which would include this
change, right?), André's extensions to it, and Rado's work to support
updating multiple elements and attributes at once.  Not to mention
that I'm still pushing to try using some existing (ie, maintained by
someone other than us) library like Prototype for the base of the
client side.  So I'm happy to keep throwing in these little patches
for now, but I think in the long term we need to step back and do this
right.

> I don't know how you all usually except these sort of things but I have
> seen plenty of "fileOut"s posted so I attached a .st

What I'm currently recommending is that people commit .mcz versions to
http://squeaksource.com/Seaside - it's world-writable.

Avi