[Seaside] Re: Seaside

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 20:05:27 CEST 2005

On 6/30/05, marcelo Cortez <jmdc_marcelo at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> hi folks
>
>  i'm starting  to port Seaside to Dolphin,
>   but I have discovered that it is necessary to port
> KOM too.
>  another way to do it  would be adapting  the
> Dolphin's 6 http
>  server swazoo (or  something like this) to seaside
> requeriments
>   but it exceeds my skills

It's definitely not necessary to port Kom - Seaside is quite agnostic
about the underlying web server.  If you look at WAKom, for example,
you'll see it's very little code - just doing a translation to and
from Comanche's Request and Response objects to Seaside's.

As it happens, there is already support for running Seaside on top of
Swazoo (on Squeak and I think also on VW).  The Squeak SwazooServer
package includes this I believe.

Avi