[Seaside] liveAction using existing method

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 20:29:09 CEST 2005

On 6/30/05, Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are many extensions to the "ajax" stuff that need integrating -
> off the top of my head, John's LiveWeb stuff (which would include this
> change, right?), André's extensions to it, and Rado's work to support
> updating multiple elements and attributes at once.  Not to mention
> that I'm still pushing to try using some existing (ie, maintained by
> someone other than us) library like Prototype for the base of the
> client side.  So I'm happy to keep throwing in these little patches
> for now, but I think in the long term we need to step back and do this
> right.

Would you mind expanding on this thought?  It seems to me that if
these patches aren't the way you want to go in the future than you are
opening a can of worms.  People will likely start using the "patches"
and get hooked on them.  Then you will want to pull it out and
potentially break a lot of applications.

Do you have a design direction in mind already but no time to
implement it?  Perhaps others could help with the implementation if
you have the time to "architect" (I use that term very loosely, since
I am not really a big fan of the traditional architect/programmer
split).

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20