[Seaside] Newbie question

Daniel Salama dsalama at user.net
Sun Mar 6 16:05:25 CET 2005

Hi all,

I'm new to Seaside and Smalltalk but what I've read so far, I like a
lot.

Question I have is, how can I go to a URL in Seaside passing parameters
bypassing some of the concept of the continuation framework. For
example, what I understand of the concept is it treats the whole user
experience as one sequential session. However, I have a need to trigger
certain application actions based on events generated externally to the
application.

This means that for some event generated outside of the application, I
need to take the user to a particular location in the application with
the parameters value from the outside world. For example,
http://demo.seaside.app/process_url?param1=my_name&param2=my_telephone

Is there an easy way to do this? Also, if the user is not logged in
(session) into the application, can I easily redirect the user to a
login page and after a successful login, take him/her back to the
original URL?

Thanks,
Daniel Salama