[Seaside] Session. Where to put DB connect/disconnect code.

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Sun Mar 6 13:01:56 CET 2005

Dmitry Dorofeev wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> still no luck even with Session>>unregistered
> should i try finalize ?
> Todd Blanchard wrote:

Dmitry,

You might look through the mailling list archives.  I know that Avi
commented on this a couple times.  I put my DB disconnect code in
unregistered and it works pretty well.  I haven't noticed Seaside being
very aggressive at "unregistering" sessions but it does happen
eventually.  I have one app that is hardly every used :-( and it has
sessions whose last access time is several days ago but my more heavily
used apps never keep expired sessions around for very long.  I don't
think Seaside trys to expire sessions during page access handling so an
idle server is bound to have sessions hanging around.  I believe there
is a way to fork a process to check at fixed time intevals, for example,
so as to be more aggressive about session reclamation.  Again, Avi's

David