[Seaside] squeak dev tools, 3.8 stability etc

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Tue Mar 8 12:02:10 CET 2005

Hiho.

My production image is still based on 3.6 and I must say is has been very
stable and without problems (at least since seaside 2.5 came out).

I'm considering to move to 3.8 to be able to use newer dev tools (Avi,
monticello breaks in 3.6 on #translated), however I'm concerned about
stability and all the various changes squeak went through since 3.6
(Behavior>>new crap, unicode streams etc).

Is anyone here running a serious (=large, heavily used) application in
3.8? Any gotchas you've discovered? Please share your experience.

thanks, rado