[Seaside] Re: Seaside and GOODS

Yar Hwee Boon hboon at motionobj.com
Thu Mar 17 15:46:59 CET 2005

On 17-Mar-05, at PM 10:12, Avi Bryant wrote:

>  I do think,
> however, that it would be possible to do some aggressive caching in
> GOODS to improve the situation - I just haven't had time to work on
> that yet.

Do you mean modifying the GOODS server code?

One thing I thought of trying is, on top of the 1 per session
connections, keep a long running connection as a read-only cache, be it
the full database or just a partial version. We can then do lookups
using this cache and when necessary, pull out a session-specific
instance for editing using the oid. I *thought* this would be
especially good for data that has to be sorted against multiple
columns/fields and presented in a table, and might relieve the need to
have BTrees, etc. Has anyone tried something like this?

--
HweeBoon
MotionObj