[Seaside] About an important meta remark

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 12:35:44 CET 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:25:12 +0300, Dmitry Dorofeev
<dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com> wrote:

> I think that there are 2 types of 'widgets':
> - containers (including navigation and things like WABatchedList)
> - data (Calendar, Date entry etc)
>
> In any case we need a framework to document components, so both programmers
> and _designers_ would easily find information about component. I think it should
> be a seaside repository of components available via HTTP similar to /config page. Also each component
> should have it's own configuration, similar to Seaside Application configuration we have now.

Yes, that sounds pretty reasonable.  An online gallery (tidepool?) of
Seaside components.  The WAExampleBrowser is part of the way there.
Some extra things that would be nice to add: make it easy to show off
different stylesheets; show the class comment and the source for the
example method beside the example; add categories (ie, container vs.
data as you mention).

> Also we need some guidelines for CSS names (naming policy) to agree on before it all
> becomes complete mess.

Indeed.  Do you have a suggestion for this?

Avi