[Seaside] Suggestion: WAFile subclass: #WAImage for image uploads

Dmitry Dorofeev dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com
Tue Mar 22 22:02:03 CET 2005

Hi all,

I think it would be nice to have image height, width and type (GIF,JPG
or PNG) as 3
additional methods in the WAImage class. And special call like this:
		html imageUploadWithCallback: [:f| .....
to specify that we want to get only images and f will be WAImage
instance.
I think we should get exception if user uploaded wrong file (corrupted
or not supported image).
That would support very common task of image uploads and saving
height/width elsewhere for later HTML generation.

I have written a code to parse images in GIF/PNG/JPG and detect their
height/width. Should i try
and change Seaside Classes (note: i am Smalltalk newbie) or should i
just send my code as i have it now
in hope that someone more advanced will implement it?

Hope you all agree that we need WAImage in Seaside and avi will
integrate this suggestion somehow.

Thank you!

-Dmitry.