[Seaside] #children

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 18:50:08 CEST 2005

> Yes, perhaps.  Alternatively, there probably aren't that many patterns
> of subcomponent usage, and we could write standard components that you
> can subclass for each of them.  The ones that come to mind for me are:

Ouch, I don't like that kind of children-pattern, remembering the pain
of the very first Seaside 2.0 release where you had to wrap/subclass
all the parents in a class called WAContainer. We still have to
maintain such an old application and it makes it really difficult to
understand and to change the composition of the components.

Even-tough I was arguing against the introduction of #children some
time ago, I prefer it very much over any of the other suggested
methods. Another advantage is that mostly for fast prototyping you
don't even need to override #renderContentOn:

Just my cents,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli